Dropping The E And Adding Ing. Drop e to add ing. This spelling scoot activity gives 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders a fantastic opportunity to move around while learning.
Drop the e / add ing group sort. Could anyone please tell me what the rule is called when you drop the 'e' of the end of a word to add 'ing' as in having. A worksheet that allows students to practice dropping the e and adding ing to base words (verbs)that end in e to show the present tense.
'E' Keeps The Soft G Sound.
Make — making, have — having, write — writing, love — loving, come — coming, use — using Come + ing =coming rule b: ) whinge + ing = whingeing (not winging!
Write + Ing = Writing, Hope + Ed = Hoped, Excite + Able = Excitable.
We leave the 'e' in some words because if we don't, the word can be confused with another word. A worksheet that allows students to practice dropping the e and adding ing to base words (verbs)that end in e to show the present tense. I'm sure i learnt at school that there is a name for this rule but have been unable to remember.
This Spelling Scoot Activity Gives 2Nd, 3Rd, 4Th, And 5Th Graders A Fantastic Opportunity To Move Around While Learning.
Stop whingeing!) binge + ing = bingeing (not binging!
Related Posts for Dropping The E And Adding Ing
- Primary Spelling Inventory Needs Of Student
- Map Test Practice 6Th Grade Pdf
- Main Idea Poems For Third Grade
- Vocabulary Slide Deck Google Slide Template
- Phases Of The Moon Blank Diagram
- Daily Paragraph Editing A Slippery Problem
- What Is Two Prong Thesis Example
- Wonder Part 2 Questions And Answers
- Pearson Myworld Geography Western Hemisphere Pdf
- Madeline Hunter Lesson Plans For Handwriting